Cut within the dolomitic limestone outcroppings of the Niagara Escarpment at the historic Queenston Quarry in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada, the Cellars of Niagara-on-the-Lake will provide premier in-rock subterranean cellars. The Niagara Escarpment landscape, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, is the perfect natural environment and location in Canada for cellaring. This location will accommodate long-term aging of premium wines or cool storage for vegetables, fruit, cheese, craft beer or other food and beverage that benefit from natural cool storage.
The Cellars of Niagara-on-the-Lake will provide premium cellaring conditions that complete with the foremost cellars and caverns world-wide, including:
- Optimal, constant, stable temperature and humidity
- Secure protection from natural disasters
- No vibration which only a subterranean environment can offer
- Proximity and efficient access to the Golden Horseshoe and USA
- Niagara Escarpment setting in the heart of Canada’s Wine Country
The ideal Cellars for:
- Individual, private wine cellars, with opportunities to entertain guests
- Significant international wine investments
- Niagara wineries seeking storage or a site to age wines
- Cool storage cellars for Queenston Quarry residents, on-site organic garden and farm-to-table restaurant
Although a Dragons' Den deal was not secured during Season 11, we look forward to live streaming the cutting and unveiling of the first cellar in Fall 2017.
The Cellars of Niagara-on-the-Lake is one of many natural features within a larger landscape setting. Beautiful residences to be unveiled this fall, visit the Queenston Quary Reclamation Project to stay up-to-date. Visit Queenston Limestone to learn more about the history and new projects in progress from our prized Queenston Limestone.
Please reach out, stop in and view this special place when you are visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake. For updates please reply below.